Dr. Brian Conner, CKTP, CDN, CNS, DC, IFMCP
Medical Director, Chiropractic Physician, Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS), Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist (CDN), Health Coach, Certified Medical Examiner, Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP), Certified in Meridian Autonomic Testing (MAT), Certified Myofascial Dry Needling Practitioner, Certified in Full Body Active Release Technique (ART), and a Board Certified IFM Functional Medicine Physician
Dr. Brian Conner started working at Healthy Weighs Wellness Center, his family’s business, when he was just a young child. He did everything from stocking shelves with supplements to providing support to the front office staff. When he was in high school, he computerized and digitally archived the Healthy Weighs office. Dr. Conner completed his undergraduate studies at SUNY Cortland as a Biology major in the Pre-Chiropractic program. In 2012, he received his Doctorate in Chiropractic at New York Chiropractic College in Seneca Falls, New York. As a chiropractic intern, Dr. Conner worked at the New York Chiropractic College Campus Health Center and Seneca Falls Health Center. He provided care for veterans at the Bath, New York Department of Veterans Affairs. He is a member of the American Nutrition Association, American Chiropractic Association, the Connecticut Chiropractic Association, the New York State Chiropractic Association, and the Institute for Functional Medicine. Dr. Brian is Certified in Kinesio Taping, Active Release Technique (ART), Foot Levelers Orthotics, Meridian Autonomic Testing (MAT), and Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling. Dr Brian is a Board- Certified Functional Medicine physician through the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and a Certified Nutrition Specialist and Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist. He is a CPR and Emergency Cardiac Care Provider through the Red Cross. Dr. Conner is a NRCME Certified Medical Examiner and a Chiropractic Physician with licenses in both New York and Connecticut. He is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of Bridgeport teaching Chiropractic technique and Orthopedic/Neurologic testing. Dr. Brian is the Co-Director of our Nutrition, Functional Medicine, and Integrative Medicine Residency Program. He is also our Medical Director and is proud to lead a wonderful team of talented and professional integrative practitioners.
Jan. 2013 – Present
Chiropractic Physician, Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist, Board Certified Functional Medicine Physician, Medical Director and Co-Director of Nutrition, Functional Medicine and Integrative Medicine Residency Program
Healthy Weighs Wellness Center, Brookfield, CT
- Oversee an integrative team of health professionals including: two Nutritionists, three Massage Therapists, Exercise Physiologist, Acupuncturist, Medical Reiki Master, Personal trainer, and Cosmetologist.
- Co-Director of the Nutrition, Functional Medicine and Integrative Medicine Residency program for physicians and nutritionists.
- Responsible for the clinical care of Chiropractic, Nutrition and Functional Medicine patients.
- Develop individualized nutrition plans for patients with weight management issues and chronic diseases.
- Perform comprehensive Functional Medicine evaluations and design treatment plans using Functional Medicine matrix and timeline.
- Order Functional Medicine diagnostic bloodwork based on individualized patient needs.
- Prescribe appropriate nutritional supplements and herbal formulas to compliment nutritional intervention.
- Diagnose and treat neuromusculoskeletal conditions.
- Examine patients to determine nature and extent of disorders.
- Perform physical, neurological, and orthopedic examinations.
- Manipulate and adjust spine and extremities to align and correct subluxations.
- Evaluate need for customized orthotics to correct untreated pronation and imbalances.
- Pain management using alternative therapies including Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF), Cold Laser Therapy, and Shock Wave Therapy.
Jan. 2019 – Present
Doctoral Courses include: Advanced Chiropractic Technique, Orthopedics Lab, and Diagnostic Skills: Neurology Lab University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) Certification Program
Completed Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice, Hormone Advanced Practice Module (APM), Cardiometabolic APM, Detox APM, Immune APM, Energy APM, and GI APM
Board Certified Functional Medicine Physician
CT Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist (CDN)
State of CT Department of Public Health
2015 – 2016
University of Bridgeport
Graduate coursework to complete Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) Program
Certified Nutrition Specialist
Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists
Doctor of Chiropractic
New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY
Bachelor of Professional Studies
New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY
2006 – 2009
Pre-Chiropractic program; Biology major
State University of New York at Cortland, Cortland, NY
Certifications & Licenses
All certifications and Licenses below are active at the present time.
Certified in Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling
Board Certified Functional Medicine Physician (IFMCP)
CT Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist (CDN)
Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS)
Certified in Meridian Autonomic Testing (MAT)
National Registry Certified Medical Examiner (DOT/CDL physicals)
NY/CT Licensed Chiropractic Physician
Certified in Full Body Active Release Technique (ART)
Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP)
Advanced Certificate in Sports Science and Human Performance
CPR & Emergency Cardiac Care Provider, Red Cross
Associations & Memberships
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Connecticut Chiropractic Association (CCA)
- Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM)
- American Nutrition Association (ANA)
2013 – Present: Brookfield Chamber of Commerce
2014 – 2019: Business Networking International (BNI)
Sports, Travel, Camping CrossFit, Yoga
- Active Release Technique
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- DOT/CDL Physicals
- Food Intolerances and Food Sensitivities
- Functional Medicine & Functional Medicine Testing
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (IBD, Celiac Disease, Crohn’s Disease)
- Gluten Sensitivity
- IBS (Diarrhea, Constipation, Gas and Bloating)
- Inflammation and Pain Management
- Kinesio Taping
- Lactose Intolerance
- Menopause and Perimenopause
- Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Pain Management
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy
- Shock Wave Therapy
- Stool Testing
- Sports Chiropractic
- Sports Medicine
- Structural and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Type II Diabetes
- Weight Management (Overweight, Obesity, Morbid Obesity)